Sunday 14 July 2013

Insights into The Day 23,000 Geeks Visited my Blog

"How's your blog trending?" a friend asks me. 
"Why is my blog of sudden interest to anyone?" I wonder, while opening Blogger.com to find out the answer. There I see traffic numbers much higher than I am used too.


Traffic came on my blog from around July 8th, 2pm, Singapore time, which is 11pm California time and lasted for 12 hours. The results?

23,000 visits:

A peak of 3,000 visits in 1 hour.

50% from the US
10% from the UK
5% from Germany
5% from Canada

50% using Chrome, 20% Firefox. Only 2% Internet Explorer.

11% using Android, 10% using iPhone, 4% using iPad.

The post itself got 57 Google's +1 and 39 comments (of which 4, ie. 10%, highlight that I was not very smart to upgrade the company email's system without testing it first, and 3 share that they had a similar experience.)

Seeing this bump in traffic, I quickly updated the layout of the blog to bring a link to my company's website, Flocations.com, at the top, crossing fingers to get some attention there. And it did: 400 visits to Flocations.com came from the blog over the period (Let's note that this traffic was not targeted at the audience of Flocations so there is no conversion), that's around 2% of the blog visitors.



No comments:

Post a Comment